Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Americanized Japanese Horro movie: The Grudge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Americanized Japanese Horro movie: The Grudge

Yall Remember THe RING? the american version of Ringu? yeah well Hollywoods makin another remake of a Japanese horror flick. Its called THe Grudge.

WHen I first saw the poster of the original japanese movie, it had something similar to the Ring, you know when you see only a shot of an asian girl's eye, very pale complection of the face and strands of long distorted hair barely covering the hint of a terrifying look in her eye, just to see enough of its freakyness, then you got the title right next to the face- THE GRUDGE,....... well I was like "Alright Great! A movie about how middle aged asian women never forget a mistake you make and bring it up in an argument 20years later! Finally people will know the truth!" So I got my hopes up, eh.

But no its not, its a movie about an american family who move into a everyday normal house in japan. Only its not really normal. Theres something supernatural going on in the house. Some evil force that takes over the person in the moment of rage (like an arguemnt you have with yoru gf). It some how passes on. THats all i know from the trailer. its pretty freaky. Check it out. Movie comes out 10-22-04

THE GRUDGE TRAILER

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE, VERY SCARY WEBPAGE
    The Grudge Website
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Oh no... it's got Sarah Michelle Gell.... uh... arggg... gurgle... ooo...*help*... errrrr....
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

mmmm yeah I know in a shower scene...mmmmmm
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Sam Raimi did a good job, from the previews so far, of adapting it. The nice thing is that some of the original actors from the first movie are going to be in the American remake...the only difference is loads of makeup and better special effects.
        "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
        "Car Alarm"
        Retaliation

Comment

yeah dude isnt that weird? same guy that directed Spiderman is now remaking a horror flick supposedly scarier then the Ring
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Sam Raimi's been making horror flicks for years.

Evil Dead anyone?

As well as: Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Darkman, The Gift, For the Love of the Game... whoops, strike that last one... it was scary, but not a horror film.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

wow, ok then I got it all mixed up, it was the other way around, how did he end up making the best darn Comic book movie and sequel to date, while originally being a horror genre director? thats incredible
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Here's his complete filmography as a Director:

Spider-Man 2 (2004) - Comic Book Movie
                Spider-Man (2002) - Comic Book Movie
                Gift, The (2000) - Suspense/Supernatural Mystery
                For Love of the Game (1999) - Baseball Drama/Romance
                Simple Plan, A (1998) - Crime Thriller
                Quick and the Dead, The (1995) - Western
                Army of Darkness (1993) -Fantasy Comedy/Horror (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                Darkman (1990) - Sci-Fi Action Thriller
                Evil Dead II (1987) - Comedy/Horror (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                Crimewave (1985/I) - Crime Comedy (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                Evil Dead, The (1981) - Comedy/Horror (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                Clockwork (1978) - Short Horror Film
                Within the Woods (1978) - Short Horror Film (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                It's Murder! (1977) - Short Horror Film (w/ Bruce Campbell)

Bruce also had a cameo in both Spidey films (I - Ring Announcer; II - Theater Usher) and he and Sam are great friends.

Sam is a talented directory... but after watching Simply Irresistible I've sworn of SMG films/tv shows for life... regardless of how good they are.

Comment

Well, I am curious to see how this one turned out. It kinda looks good. I like Raimi's film work...even on Xena and Hercules. =O

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
                  Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Comment

lol I dunno about it being scarier than the Ring(comparing Japanese Versions only) I guess it sbecause when I watched Ringu I didnt know what was going on because everyone was speaking so fast and I couldnt understand everything they were saying and then things just popped up..but as far as Juon(the Grudge) goes I dunno...I have a feeling they might be adding lots of things in for the American version...
                    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
                    "Car Alarm"
                    Retaliation

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                      Here's his complete filmography as a Director:

Evil Dead II (1987) - Comedy/Horror (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                      Crimewave (1985/I) - Crime Comedy (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                      Evil Dead, The (1981) - Comedy/Horror (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                      Within the Woods (1978) - Short Horror Film (w/ Bruce Campbell)
                      It's Murder! (1977) - Short Horror Film (w/ Bruce Campbell)

Bruce also had a cameo in both Spidey films (I - Ring Announcer; II - Theater Usher) and he and Sam are great friends.
                      Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!
                      (have you seen Bubba-Ho-Tep? Something about elvis in an old farts home, and either a killer or zombies, or some insanity like that-I burned it but havent seen it yet)

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                      but after watching Simply Irresistible
                      MUAHA.
                      "I wouldn't sell any of your graphic design books. Now your english and science books...sell those and use the money to go drink" -Prof. Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X