Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mirror

Ok for some reason when I try to use Polygons, Mirror Geometry it just tells me "Error: Cannot change topology, poly mesh has allow Topology Modification atribute set to false." When I try to mirror it with duplicate it just gives me a line. If anyone wants I can take a screenshot but i'm guessing the problems are linked. So if anyone knows how I can fix that I'd appricate it.
    If ignorance is bliss why arn't there more happy people?

try this, someone had a similar problem and posted a help request.....to which the reply was >>>>>>>>>>>instead of using the mirror geometry just duplicate the object and set the scale of x to -1

- sam treadway -

Comment

if it is imperative that you use the mirror geometry on the object mentioned

- click on the object
      - open up the attribute editor
      - make sure you are on the object's shape tab (at top will say something like pCubeShape1 unless you renamed it)
      - expand Mesh Controls options
      - make sure that Allow Topology Mod is checked
      "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
      - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
      - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

That fixed it thanks Sam. For some reason when I try to use duplicate to mirror the object its still just giving me the single lines tho. I'll have to play with that more later.

Comment

Originally posted by malbert
          That fixed it thanks Sam. For some reason when I try to use duplicate to mirror the object its still just giving me the single lines tho. I'll have to play with that more later.
          screenshot? I have no idea what you are trying to explain.
          "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
          - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
          - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Well I mannaged to fix it but i'm not sure what exactly was doing it, changing 4 things at once seems to make it harder to pin down what was doing it exactly. What was happening tho is rather than duplicating the object it would just give me a few apparently random lines from the object. /shrug Dunno just know its working right now so i'm cool. (Thats what my mom says anyway) :P

Comment

Working...
            X