Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey proff watkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey proff watkins

How should I send you the file? cause I really cant continue on it at all without getting that retarded booleans problem fixed

grrr, I cant upload it, its too large, Ive tried compressing it and its still too large, by a couple of bytes

Comment

nothing but the building and windows and its too big? You're just trying to upload the .mb file right (no textures or anything).....You can zip it to make it a bit smaller.

But if it really is just the building and its too big to uplaod there is definitely something odd about that geometry. Really makes me want to get my grubby hands on it all the more.....

Comment

whoops, thought you wanted the whole thing, then here ya go!. thanks sir. Also would you recomend to model the anatomical figure first, then the clothes? or does it matter?

Comment

If you don't see the form under the clothes; I wouldn't model the anatomy at all - just the clothes - we'll believe that there is a body under there even if we can't see it. If you model the body separate than the clothes there actually can end up being a lot of problems when you get to skinning your rig because the body keeps poking through the clothes.

Comment

um, sir, have you been able to figure out the problem?

Comment

I have a solution...not the best but it is the only one for now until I do more research...

For some reason when you are using the boolean tool with anything that was created using bevel plus Maya can only handle so many points per poly after the cut is made...I had the same prblem as you even when creating a simple poly cube to subtract the bevel plus object from...if I make a poly with 1 subdivision along each axis...the same wierd thing happens when I use the boolean tool...on the other hand if I create a poly cube with say 10 subdivisions along the x and y axis and use the boolean it works...the more polygons I put into the wall the better the turn out is on the boolean operation. I also tried using the cut faces tool and it works great.
              "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
              - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
              - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Update

I came accross the same issue again with another object i was trying to subtract from...this time I received an error message when doing something totally unrelated to the boolean operation (I was trying to convert the object to sub d survaces to test somthing out)...I opened up the script editor to find out more about the error and it said this:

// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): One or more edges is nonmanifold.
                // Nonmanifold geometry cannot be converted to a subdivision surface.
                // To clean up nonmanifold edges, use Polygons->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //

I did what it said to do: Polygons > cleanup [] and select nonmanifold geometry
                That fixed the problem and I tested it on other objects with the same issue and fixed them as well.
                "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
                - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
                - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Working...
                X