Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Maya back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maya back?

Soo... is there any progress done on having either 2009 or 2010 Maya up and running? Having it up by Sunday would really help...

It doesn't look to be working yet.
    Derf== a word that shows my confusion in something I do not yet understand. Yet through showing my confusion, it spreads confusion to those around me.

"Some day, you are gonna wake up...."

Comment

Maya 2010 is working in JB 108 (as per recent message from the Tech Department).

Although I am not sure if it is functioning in JB107 (the Lighting Lab).
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Praise God! whoo...
        Will that room be open on Sunday? Heck, will the whole BUILDING be open on Sunday? sometimes it's been locked and i think one time a security officer told me that i needed a pass from a professor to get in.

Comment

Actually, and I should have said this earlier, Maya 2010 and 2009 are still experiencing problems, in both the Media Center, and J108....
          Derf== a word that shows my confusion in something I do not yet understand. Yet through showing my confusion, it spreads confusion to those around me.

"Some day, you are gonna wake up...."

Comment

Nice to see our lab fees keep things running smoothly, eh?
            MWA HAA HA! Bubbles of Doom! :lol:

Comment

Maya2010

I am from the tech department, I am aware of your frustrations but we are trying to correct all the server issues. We can do without the smart remarks! Anyone of you is welcome to come and try to "fix" the problem if you wish. Come by the helpdesk any time before 5:00pm.

Comment

Ok, so the 'smart remark' could indeed be done without, and I'm probably digging myself a hole as a write this (my genuine apologies moderaters, but I feel the need to rock the boat about this).

I feel kind of upset that students posted genuine requests for help through out the weekend concerning technical issues. They got some replies from teachers, but no updates from techs.

I post a satiric (albeit unneccesary) remark, and got a response about it in 7 minutes.

However, I also want to offer up a suggestion so that when issues crop up, there isn't confusion about what's going on. Something like, when the tech department sees a problem posted, they could put up replies saying stuff like "Problem noted", or "issues resolved"? Relying on second hand info kinda sucks after all.

Comment

First of all, we do not work on weekends. Second of all, all your post are not read by technicians. I am the only one who has CGA access, given to me professor Watkins. You take for granted that when you double click an icon that it is going to always appear with no problem. Behind the scenes are three technicians for the whole University, including high schools and off sites campuses, that work very hard to maintain faculty, staff and student technology. Maya 2010 was an update that has alot of problems. We do the best we can with the resources the University supplies us with. Sometimes things are not all clear skies and sunshine. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. Your remarks and total unappreciated attitude is not. I am consistenly in contact with the professors and give them updates as much as possible. As far as the weekends go, you need your professors permission to enter the lab and as of right now, Maya 2009 is no longer available. (library) I do have a Autodesk technician on the issue and am awaiting his recommendation. If you need any further assistance, i can be reached at 829-2781 and my name is Roger Garza!

Comment

Three techs for all of the main campus and then some?!? Well then I want to know who is in charge of hiring at our school so I can ask them if they're out of their minds! No wonder it takes so long to resolve issues.

Also, I would just like to note I do appreciate the effort that goes into technical support (my fiance works on servers for a living) and hadn't meant it as a remark against the techs, but the school's management of things. The fact that there are only three of you to work on things only underlines my original statement. Surely with the growing number of students they could have hired you guys some relief.

Comment

Hey Roger,

I spoke with you in JB108 Monday morning, I was just curious if in fact we'd be up and running by Wednesday morning or not. Trying to determine if I need to come up with an alternate lecture.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                        Hey Roger,

I spoke with you in JB108 Monday morning, I was just curious if in fact we'd be up and running by Wednesday morning or not. Trying to determine if I need to come up with an alternate lecture.

Thanks.
                        "Unfortunatley the problems with Maya 2010 continue. I am awaiting the phone call from the Autodesk tech." - Roger
                        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Maya is up! Yay.

Turns out that it was a problem with the license that Maya had sent us. Tech support was doing all the things right on this end - stupid Autodesk had sent the wrong file.

Once Autodesk sent the right file, it went in and we're good to go.

JB108 works (I tried it today), I will update the license files in JB107 on Monday. Tech support is also on the job to get it running in the Media Center.

Comment

Working...
                          X