Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PStwo (Fake?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PStwo (Fake?)

There have been rumors about Sony rereleasing the PS@ as a smaller version of itself dubbed the PStwo (like the Playstation redesigned as the PSone).

Here's some info someone sent to me:

Product Name: PlayStation(R)2
    Colour: Charcoal Black
    Release Date: November 1st, 2004 (Monday)
    RRP:149 Euros
    Dimensions: Approximately 230 mm (W) x28 mm (H) x152 mm (D)
    (internal volume about 23% of the current model)
    Weight: Approximately 900g (weight about 45% of the current model)
    Power requirements: DC 8.5V
    Power consumption: Approximately 5.3A (approximately 45W)
    Compatible format: PlayStation format CD-ROM
    PlayStation 2 format CD-ROM
    PlayStation 2 format DVD-ROM
    Audio CD
    DVD-Video*
    DVD-RW (VR mode)
    * The term "DVD-Video" is used to refer to
    DVD-R, DVD-RW (Video mode), DVD+R and DVD+RW
    discs.
    Is this a fake? Not quite sure I like the design. Here are some more pics:
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

it still looks as ugly as the regular PS2 did. i remember the first time i saw the PS2, and i gasped at how ugly it was. when guests are over, i throw a blanket over it.
    Pi Studios

Comment

it is real the US ship date is in November i think plus it might look ugly but it is smaller so i should get one to complete my collection
      oh really now

Comment

I had heard also that it was coming out. Even as the true PS2 fan I am I'm not gonna waste my money on something I already have 2 of...not to mention I just want to save up for the PS3

Awe guys It may be bulky but its black and sleek...I dont think its ugly(*pats PS2).
        "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
        "Car Alarm"
        Retaliation

Comment

oh well... still wont buy it... im still in love with my xbox.

Kelley
          The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

funny....did you know that the xbox operating system is just a stripped down version of windows 2000 with a redesigned graphical user interface?

http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_syste...ifications.php
            "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
            - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
            - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Nope.

Its real. Sony announced that they are producing it. I traded my PS2 in today to get the PStwo.

- Zero Ska

Online Journal

Originally posted by 'Unopened Letter to the World' by the Ataris
              Am I destined only to die the same way I lived, in seclusion?

Comment

Those pictures look like they used the transform tool on a ps2

Comment

well, if it is true, we might get it at Sam Goody and i'll let you guys know
                  actually, a few weeks ago I moved my TV stand and rearranged some stuff and the space I left for my PS2 wasn't quite big enough, but it was really close, so the PStwo would fit there. I might trade for it, depending how much I can get for my PS2.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

It seems people are more concern about how things look, but this PStwo is ugly! And why would someone want to buy another PStwo? I have a PS2 already, and I am not planning on spending more money for the same thing. Just because Sony has altered the design, I am not going to spend another 200.00 to play the same games. Well, maybe if the new PStwo had better feature and was in some way enhanced. Other than that, I really believe Sony made a wrong strategic move! Bad Sony!

Comment

what if you step on it?
                      Pi Studios

Comment

then it will blow up and you will need a new leg

go Xbox
                        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
                        X