Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Segmented Character idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segmented Character idea

this is mainly for Prof. Watkins, but I'll take any help I can get.

Is this a good start for our character? I know I've still got to figure out how exactly the hand, feet and some other stuff work, but I'm just trying to get an initial feeling of it. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Otaku_Zero; February 9, 2006, 17:08.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

I think its a good start; some really decent shapes and design there - especially for a first project. Your right, the hands need some work (probably start with longer fingers); although the feet look fine.

I would start paying very special attention to the face though. Your face in this sketch is fairly representational; and working out the fine details of a profile will be a good challenge. I know this is just a preliminary sketch.....so I wouldn't be too worried - but do spend some good time on that face.

Comment

just for some explaination, I'll most likely give him a very distinguishing jaw, since I've got the "visor' thing covering his eyes and the gauntlets have pieces that are covering most of his hands, but yes the fingers do need to be a bit longer.
      Thanks a lot, I'll work on this more when I get off work.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Yeah, right now the head is looking really 'anime.' One of the things that has always bothered me about anime is that the head is over-simplified in its 2D representational nature; or the animators can't decide really what the shape of the head is.....there's a big difference between a lot of anime characters when looking at them from the front or side. And I think a lot of that comes from lack of understanding/focus on the anatomy of the head.

So, once you work out the details of the skull; this design will start to come together.

Comment

Working...
        X