Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS

I had started to create a page in photoshop 7.0 and know switched to CS and pulled up my page there, I am having lots of problems moving the items on the chosen layer. It wont let me, all it keeps saying is "cannot use the move tool because the target channel is hidden". What am I doing wrong. Or how do I "un-hide" it so I can move my things around! :( :confused:
    "The Dial up Queen"

That's a really odd Error Message, can you try to recreate it and then take a screenshot and post it. If I can see you palettes I can make a better judgment call.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I've seen that error message in PS7. It comes up when there is an area selected with the marquee tool, one of the selected channels is hidden, and one tries to use the move tool.

Makes sure that all your channels are visible (channel tab in the layers panel) or unselected (with the marquee). If that still doesn't work, try copying stuff from your layers into a new psd (it might be a channel error from switching to CS from 7).

Here's a picture of when I replicated the error in PS7:
      Last edited by Andrew; August 28, 2004, 09:18.

Comment

Thanks

I have a few photos from an old design class that are in Photshop 7 that I wanted to use with my new CS P7 I originally thought that there was a problem with my P7 photo since the disk was created in windows 2000 and I now use XP. I did not have alot of time to waste thinking or going to the book to find a solution so I rescanned the photo in CS. This will help there are some photos I would like to use in future projects. Thanks

Comment

try deleting the alpha chanel!
          "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
          - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
          - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Looks like the object is on the green channel and that is the one selected but the green channel is hidden. Try turning the eyeball on.
            "No cape darling"

Comment

This thread has turned rather confusing...

JDSoto = LISA? If not, I'm not sure what JDSoto is trying to say...

Sam Treadway & Professor Fagan: The picture goes along with my explaination to Lisa of why she was getting the error. That's not the exact error she has. :p

Comment

Opps! My Bad

Maybe I should have mentioned that I wass referring to the posting from Andrew where he points out a solution to a problem that I also encountered with photos in P7 and later trying to use them in CS, " Makes sure that all your channels are visible (channel tab in the layers panel) or unselected (with the marquee). If that still doesn't work, try copying stuff from your layers into a new psd (it might be a channel error from switching to CS from 7)". When I get the time I will try this out.

Comment

Working...
                X