Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just some work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some work

Here are a couple of things I've done on my free time. Kind of experimenting with new techniques

comments / criticism is welcome :p
    Last edited by ProfClayton; April 18, 2003, 11:56.

very nice work! i wish i could do stuff like that :p

Comment

Looks good mal....tell us a bit about the techniques you are using....

Comment

Great work Joe!

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
        Looks good mal....tell us a bit about the techniques you are using....
        Please share...

btw... I linkified your images due to size on the board, but don't worry, they'll open in new windows when clicked.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

well, for these 2 pics in particular, these are basically the steps i have taken:
          • have a base image
          • on a new layer, have another image, and set the contrast very high
          • on the high contrast image, select the black portions
          • in the channels pallete, create a new channel, and fill the selected area with white
          • back in the layers pallete, delete the high contrast image
          • create the selection that was just created (in the channels pallete)
          • fill the selection with a color
          • make a new layer, and overlay a texture

...sounds kinda confusing, maybe i should make a short tutorial or something. really i just use plenty of textures, and use grunge brushes.

Comment

Originally posted by malMethod
            well, for these 2 pics in particular, these are basically the steps i have taken:
            • have a base image
            • on a new layer, have another image, and set the contrast very high
            • on the high contrast image, select the black portions
            • in the channels pallete, create a new channel, and fill the selected area with white
            • back in the layers pallete, delete the high contrast image
            • create the selection that was just created (in the channels pallete)
            • fill the selection with a color
            • make a new layer, and overlay a texture

...sounds kinda confusing, maybe i should make a short tutorial or something. really i just use plenty of textures, and use grunge brushes.
            well, i'm gonna see if i can try to do something like that. granted it will look nothing like yours (which is amazing) but thanks for kinda saying what you do :D

Comment

Working...
            X