Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AVP (Alien v. Predator) -- Who will win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVP (Alien v. Predator) -- Who will win?

Who do you think will win the epic battle of the species?

No spoilers, please!

I think that the Predators and the Humans will team together to defeat the Aliens. But that's just me.

I guess I'll find out Friday afternoon!
    Aliens
    0.00%
    Predators
    16.67%
    Humans
    16.67%
    Humans and Predators
    33.33%
    Humans and Aliens
    0.00%
    Aliens and Predators
    0.00%
    No one... they're all pretty much screwed
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

No Contest! Predators!

I emailed you about your question... - MC
    Last edited by ProfClayton; August 12, 2004, 22:37.

Comment

I saw it... and liked it. But its nothing really special. It's just a rehash of a story from an old graphic novel.

While the characters of the Aliens and Predators are cool, you never care about the humans - even if they have shown you pictures of their kids.

The director (Paul W.S. Anderson) should be shot. He was horrible and all over the place. I found some of the film confusing and tiresome. But the action was great. The use of the SFX were top notch and some of the better costumes and character designs I've seen in the A and P films.

... but with that said, I'll still buy the DVD. ;)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I was going to check out the flick this Friday, but decided to see what you thought about it, so I will wait for the dollar movie then.

I have replied to your email, but for some reason, I get a mail error, and the email is sent back.

As for the problem I having, I was just wondering if maybe Aussie Webhosting was doing something special that i should know, because I was having some FTP problems. I could not connect to my domain name through FTP, but since my last email, the problem has been corrected:D

Comment

The movie isn't doing very well. According to projections it lost a percentage each day since it came out. I think all of the fan-boys went and saw it and then told their friends it wasn't that good. It did make $38M this weekend, but Friday was $16.8M then Saturday was $12.5M and then Sunday was $8.9M.

You might like it Larry, just go see a matinee... or buy the new 2-DVD 'Predator' set that just came out, it has a ticket in it to see AVP for free.

Comment

Thanks for the info, MC, I might just do that this Friday.

Comment

I wonder if a jepordy question will ever be "How much placenta does the queen female produce in one eavening?". And I wonder, do the croations even have a freaking written language?

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusDinkus
                And I wonder, do the croations even have a freaking written language?
                :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                  :confused:
                  well, one of the cultures they listed that built the pyramids (it was egyptians, Aztecs, and who else?(I think croations))

Comment

Tom, I think you are talking about the Cambodians... other side of the world.

They show images of Cambodian Pyramids... one of the more famous ones is in Angkor Wat*.

* Which is the temple that you see at the beginning of another box-office success... Mortal Kombat!

Comment

a movie based on a game based on a novel based on two different sets of movies, one of which was based on a novel (I think I have that right anyways)...what did you expect? I saw somewhere that the director intended to use all new faces in the movie...yeah right...he probably had a very hard time selling the script to any old faces...I haven't seen it yet...and I think if I do see it it will only be to study the special effects...maybe after it comes out on DVD I will watch the chapters in reverse the sound muted.
                      "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
                      - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
                      - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusDinkus
                        And I wonder, do the croations even have a freaking written language?
                        Actually there are two primary writen languages in Croatia and other slavic countries...Roman Catholic Croatians use the Roman alphabet ... Eastern Orthodox Serbs use the Cyrillic
                        alphabet (similar to Russia). However, many people in this area of the world learn 3 or more languages including English.
                        "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
                        - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
                        - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

I heard it sucked really bad. Somehting about really slow pacing, like the real action didnt kick in till about 45 min into the movie. And when ever the crew found themselves in a possibel trap, soem random guy woudl come out of know where and provide the info. leaving the crew wondering...... I dont remember him coming along this trip?
                          According to soemone I know when they first screened it some friends found that half the theatre was literally sleeping. during the first half of the movie.

They also mentioned about, how the portrayed the Predators to be less alert and less threatening as they should be.

So yeh I dont think I'm gonna see it. (was going to anyways cause my gf wont let me)
                          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Im a little torn on my review of AVP

My friend paid my way and I felt like paying him back out of pity. They actually contradict a piece or two of the old movies (and Im just thinking of the aliens side havent looked at the predator). Id specify what Im talking about but dont want to ruin it for anyone else.

I do think that the story line explanation was good at atleast put things in a slight perspective. Sounds wierd but I may go see it again just to rehash it.

This movie would be great if the original alien and predator movies never existed. I dont think they gave enough thought to the the few parralells to the old flicks.

One thing is for sure not enough AVP.
                            Last edited by pnolan; August 17, 2004, 19:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Treadway
                              Actually there are two primary writen languages in Croatia and other slavic countries...Roman Catholic Croatians use the Roman alphabet ... Eastern Orthodox Serbs use the Cyrillic
                              alphabet (similar to Russia). However, many people in this area of the world learn 3 or more languages including English.
                              well, I looked up who it was, and it aint the croatians its the Cambodians. There we go, now then, do these dudes have a written langauge, let alone pyramids

Comment

Working...
                              X