Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tripletts of Bellville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tripletts of Bellville

THis has to be the best 2d animation movie I have seen in a long time, style, and story, with superb originality. Triplets is a french animation with the aid of composited 3d for some difficult parts, made last year released at only select theatres, but I managed to pick up a copy from blockbuster today, and man this is so awesome!

I'm glad Watkins mentioned it in class last semester, other wise I dont think I would have picked it up. This is a great movie for several references, of design, and storytelling with ANIMATION at its best. I emphasized the word animation because, there's very little dialogue, but because of the animation it breaks such an impact on those that pay attention to detail. What Watkins always told us in our animations, trying to tell a story with out dialogue, and moving the audience in some entertainingly pleasing way, is enough to say that you've done a successful job.

Story: a grandmother tries to rescue her grandson (a cycler from the Tour de France) from the french mafia, but not with out the aid of the classic stage preformers, the Tripletts of Bellville. The movie sort of a comedy, is very stylish, but every seen is necessary, and a work of art.

Yeah I know hardly any one of you know about this film cause its foreign, hehe I swear I think I'm the first person to rent it at the blockbuster I go to. I think its won several animation awards, and last tiem I checked imdb they rated it 7.8 out of 10 which is a definite must see.

Go check it out. It is worth every bit of your time and knowledge.

10/10
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

I wonder if Jacqueline liked the dinner scene. ;)

Great movie.

THis has to be the best 2d animation movie I have seen in a long time, style, and story, with superb originality.
    What's your first favorite 2D animated movie?
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

AHAH yeah thats right! such crude humor, thats my kind of laugh. Yeah I think Jackie would think of it as genocide.

ok hmm, my favorite 2d animated movies would be categorized like this

Disney:
      Emperor's New Groove
      (mainly cause it had the voice of David Spade)

Anime:
      Spirited Away (I saw it before stupid disney marketted it in the US, that means I'm cooler then everyone else, I'm l33ti3R, and I own, major ownage, uber ownage, cause I'm cool and I watch anime from its original form, so that makes me really cool, just so everyone knows...)

Have you seen Hero? it came out last year I think or was it 2k2 but people didnt really pay much attention to it since it was foreign film. But now its being marketed by Quintin Tarintino and being re released again here in the US this winter. I think I mentioned this before, but that movie is so asian. Its like uber asian. Its too much for me, even for me being asian. I think the reason why it wasnt successful here in the US is cause it had a live cast. All those parts where it was supposed to be serious and honorable, I couldnt help myself but to bust out laughing. They should have animated it, can you imagine Hero animated?! damn that would be so mother flippin Tizight. I'd have Yoshiaki Kawajiri direct it (Ninja Scroll). Though I am sick of this Bullet time crap, its so out played, cause you know that scene where he fights that guy wiht the staff in the rain, would have been pretty damn cool if it was 2d. I think bullet time animated in 2d looks pretty damn awesome ( Program- animatrix)

anyways my 2 cents.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Dinner, eh? Hmm...

Comment

man I just watched it for the 5th time! GOSH this is such a great movie! I swear if you dont check out this movie you are all missing out big time. I love the music as well, GOSH I LOVE THIS!!!!
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Will, have you drawn those flowers yet? ;)
            ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Honestly, I was very restistant on watching the film because of the character styles, reportedfrog cruelty, and that woman wearing bananas... Once I got past that, I really enjoyed the movie. The backgrounds were awesome.

Then came the tadpoles! Frog popsicles? Ahhhhhh!! *runs off screaming*

Those are some very tough elderly. Never underestimate the power of frying pans! Did the young tripplets remind you of the Anderson sisters?

Comment

Oops, I mean, Andrew Sisters.

Comment

Working...
                X