Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor?

Hello! My cousin just bought a new processor is a

Compaq
    Presario
    AMD Athlon (tm) XP 3000+
    2.16 GHz
    448 MB of ram

I have no idea what kind of processor is this, I only know about the pentium and celeron type. So, does anyone know if this a good one or not? Can you still install programs like photoshop? Well, thanks for any info provided!

Seems to me like your cousing bought a new Compaq Computer with an AMD processor, which is just another brand of processor.

Intel makes both the Pentium (premium) and Celeron (budget) processors. Another company called AMD makes the Athalon processor.

I have an AMD processor in the PC that I built, and 'yes' it works with Windows operating systems and you can install any PC application and it will use it.

This is an old article, but it might help explain it to you:

John takes a first look at how the fastest Intel processor (P4 2GHz) matches up to the Athlon MP (1.2GHz).
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
    X