Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image plane movment is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image plane movment is slow

everytime I move anything in the front view and the side view with the image plane in place, it gets really slow in moving the camera in these views and objects. Any suggestions?

What resolution is the image? Also, have you cleaned out you history lately?

Comment

resolution is 300 dpi and yes I have cleaned my history

Comment

Well, assuming you've cleaned your history - it appears as though you've got a really big image. If you are at 300 dpi - and depending on the size - you are asking Maya to move and keep track of an awful lot of pixels. Usually, that isn't a problem for a program; but when you are looking at the huge amount of information its dealing with with those polygons - it can combine to cause some real hassle.

Try this: open those images in Photoshop and reduce the resolution to 72 (same size) and save as a different name. Back in Maya, substitute in the File Name input field these new smaller files and see if things speed up.

Comment

that did it

Comment

Working...
          X