Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Mignola's "Hellboy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mignola's "Hellboy"

Caught the 10:40 show last night.

Wow! What a great comic adaptation. Probably the best one ever (next to X-Men and Spiderman).

Folks who are not familiar with HB might be a little lost, but Guirremo del Toro does a great job of adapting, writing and directing this flick.

I've been a fan of Mike Mignola's work for quite a long time, and the Hellboy stories are always dark, foreboding, but contain some pretty dry humor and wit to help even things out.

Ron Perlman does an outstanding job of playing "Hellboy". The studios really wanted someone like The Rock or Vin Diesel, but GDT stuck to his guns on Ron.

The rest of the cast nails their characters, Abe Sapien, Dr Broom, Liz... it was great!

***1/2 out of ****.

Time to resurrect my "Movie Sig" and move the Summer Movie Forum to the first level... (well, okay... maybe at the end of the semester).
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

i saw it friday not knowing what to expect since i was never familiar with hellboy and i was quite suprised. it was one of the better comic book movies i have seen (i thought it was better than spiderman since i thought spiderman was weak) and the humor of hellboy was another suprising thing...the jokes were actually funny.
    Pi Studios

Comment

Well i finally saw it last night and i really loved it. I think it was a great comic adaption - i too loved spiderman, ive never seen x-men and i hate the hulk. I have never seen the comics for hellboy but i didnt have any problem with the story line (i used my brain). I may not have caught certain similarities to the comics or whatever - but as a movie by itself it is great and stands alone very well.

Kelley
      The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Working...
      X