Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ani award questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ani award questions

i was wondering if there was a restriction on using copyrighted music for the ani awards. also, if you are submitting something as a quicktime on a CD, what should the specs be for that quicktime movie file? thanks.
    Pi Studios

No, we don't have any restrictions on it. Since we won't be selling or distributing a DVD or VHS, we are a bit more lax about that this year.

The specs are on the rules. 720x480 NTSC 29.97 fps.... We just need to be able to output to DVD or VHS soon after we get yoru stuff.
    Last edited by Professor Watkins; March 20, 2004, 16:30.

Comment

ok adam...remember that problem i'm having with the little colored spots that show up in my movie files? well, i'm not sure what i can do exactly, in which i shall explain why.

alright, i think i can explain this a bit better in writing as opposed to me speaking it. now i do not get why that problem is happening in my movie files, when all the settings are correct and the way they should be when i exported it. and these are the same exact settings, and i exported it the same exact way i did when i had to export my original karate chop movie when i put it on dvd earlier this semester, which had no problems whatsoever, and that is the thing that is boggling me. it's like "why are there problems now when there were no problems before?"

now i know you said to export it under another compression, like animation, so i did that. but one problem...my movie file was a little over 2 gb. and there's no way i could transfer it to school since i don't have an external HD or a dvd burner. so i just tried exporting the movies again with the same exact settings and i checked today but they are still showing those glitches on the mac.

do you recommend exporting it at something else that won't cause the file size to be too big (like over 700 mb) and won't make the quality too bad? if all else fails then perhaps i could bring in my computer to school and maybe you could look at how everything looks when i have the stuff set up in premiere, and if we have to transfer that 2 gig movie file over to the mac perhaps we could do that. Let me know please, thanks.
      Pi Studios

Comment

ok, i just exported it using Sorenson and the file size was about 90 mb and I did not really notice a difference in the quality, so im gonna bring that in tomorrow and see if it looks screwed up on the mac.
        Pi Studios

Comment

I will also bring a USB2 DVD burner to school on Tuesday. Do you ahve usb2 on your machine? You could take the burner home and burn the big Animation Codec version.

Adam

Comment

a friend is going do it on his dvd burner on his pc so hopefully that will work out. and i brought in the sorenson version today, and it played just fine on the mac. and when i exported it as dv/ntsc in final cut pro, guess what...that version had the colored spots...bizarre.

yes, i have usb2 on my machine, but i will let you know if i will need it for tuesday, if my files are weird on my friend's pc. thanks.
            Pi Studios

Comment

Ok...good news. I got the file exported in mpeg 2 form or whatever...and I got it transferred to DVD on the mac just fine, with no goofy multi-colored glitches. PHEW!
              Pi Studios

Comment

So...when and how exactly will we find out if ours was selected for the festival or not?
                www.richardterryclark.com

Comment

Working...
                X