Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

defined edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defined edges

why is it that on the same object some edges are defined and some are smooth? How do I change them to either smooth or defined

Is this an object that is Smoothed or has a Smooth Proxy?

Also, if you could post a screenshot to show what you mean, that could help to pinpoint the problem too.

Comment

heres what it looks like

In smooth shaded mode the mustache is partly smooth and partly flat. When I render it, It is also partly flat shaded. I want it to be all smooth or all flat.

Comment

Very interesting. Have you checked to make sure that your normals are all facing the same way?

Also, have you worked with the Soften/Harden options? It looks a bit like some of the edges might have been softened. You might try selected all the polygons of the beard, and select Edit Polygons>Normals>Soften/Harden.

In the options there, make sure to select All Harden (so the setting is 0) and hit apply.

If that still doesn't work, post a copy of just the beard here on the forums and I'll take a look.

Comment

that did it. thank you

I selected all the faces and soften all polygons.
          I don't recall ever messing with that in the first place.
          thanks

also how are we to present this 1st single mesh

Comment

Glad that worked.

You can just bring in the model. We'll be doing some renderings to look at it; so if you'd like to come with some prepared, that would be nice.

Comment

Working...
            X