Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! No text! *sniff*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! No text! *sniff*

I don't know what's up with my Photoshop, but I can't see any text. I click on the canvas and use the text tool. I type but nothing shows up. On my layers box the text I typed shows. But when I go on the canvas to highlight the text, nothing. I changed the size to large and made sure i picked a visible color: nada. I even copied and pasted the layer with the text to see if the text was there and got this message that said there was nothing in the layer (even though the text i typed shows on the layer box).

I attached a print screen shot. Notice i got the font at 48, had a different font color other than white (duh, lol), and look at the layer text box. See, it shows what I typed.

Did I accidentally changed a setting or something? I'm using PS C2 and have Vista, btw. I don't know if that's the problem because I've heard a few ppl online have trouble uploading PS C2 with Vista. I never had this problem before, though. Anyway, I already closed and reopened photoshop to see if it was a one-time thing. I even rebooted my computer. Nada. :(
    "Depending on how things turn out, maybe we'll meet again. Until then, try and keep yourself alive. Who knows? Maybe I'll have another chance to kill you." Dante

What I could Find

Only thing that seemed to relate to your problem.

These are CS3 but when he says restore defaults these should work Im still looking for CS2 .

* Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings.

* (Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

New Preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Hope it helps, if I find the CS2 specifics I will post.

Comment

Weird. Are you still having this problem after deleting the preferences? I know at my office I have to do it a few times for InDesign and iChat - but never for photoshop.
      The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Working...
      X