Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with backface culling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with backface culling

That weird selection stuff keeps happening to my model for some odd reason, Im not shure why. Does anyone know how to fix this. (I try selecting the entire object and instead is selects patches of the actual object

This mainly happens with the same file that I made the preferance change in, doesnt happen to newly made files

Comment

Are you sure you are in Object Mode and not Component Mode?

Comment

yep Im in component mode

Comment

its the same problem that happened in class on thursday proffessor watkins

Comment

Whats the cheapest price for an edjucational release of maya?

Comment

Right. if you wish to select the entire object, you cannot be in Component Mode; you've got to be in Object Mode. In component mode, when you click on an object you are selecting an objec'ts components (i.e. faces, vertices, etc....). However, when you are in Object Mode, you are selecting an entire object.

Comment

One thing that I just realized is that there are several places where Backface Culling is turned on. Check the following:

1) Make sure that in the Preferences (Windows>Settings/Prefereneces>Preferences) in the Polygons section that Backface Culling is turned to Off. (Be sure to click SAVE to save changes).

2) Also check Display>Custom Polygon Display (Options). Also make sure that you have Backface Culling turned off there.

Let me know if that helps solve the BAckface Culling problem.

Comment

Yep, seemed to fix it just right

Comment

THANK YOU.
                    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
                    X