Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird thing going on with ball composite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird thing going on with ball composite

ok, this never happened with my exterior ball composite thing, but the problem I am having with this one, is that my objects are showing up in my render whenever i have a light casting a shadow, but they don't show up when there are no shadows. all of my objects have their cast shadows turned OFF and they all have the use background texture thing, so i don't know why they seem to show up whenever a light is casting a shadow. i have double checked every object to make sure it has the texture and is set to NOT cast shadows. and the alpha on my image is all the way up so that isn't the prob either. here is an image to show what it looks like:
    Pi Studios

I'm not completely sure if this will help but have you tried disassociating all the objects from the lights in the Light Linking editor

Window > Relationship editors > Light Linking > Object Centric
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
    - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
    - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

So do you mean the scene objects, or the objects you place in the scene to approximate "real" geometry within your photo?

I'm assuming your talking about the cylinders you can see on the wall below the stairs.....

I'd look to make sure that your image that you are brinign in does not have an alpha channel already assigned to it (open it in Photoshop). Then, make sure that you aren't using Alpha Gain or any other sort of alpha within that texture (make sure there is no Alpha connection between the texture and the materials node). And finally, I'd check if it does that at the school. It seems that the, er less than legal version that people are using is having quite a few problems with compositing issues.

Comment

Working...
      X