Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adobe CS4 deals for UIW Students (Updated 11/12/08)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe CS4 deals for UIW Students (Updated 11/12/08)

CS4 begins shipping in late October. Buy Adobe CS3.3 now and receive a FREE upgrade to Adobe CS4 by calling Adobe’s Customer Service at 800-833-6687.

http://www.uscollegebuy.com/asl.htm

For the basic Graphic Design Student:
    CS4 Design Premium for Win - $314.00 + s&h
    Updated - now includes Fireworks! (Media & License Key)

CS4 Design Premium for Mac - $314.00 + s&h
    Updated - now includes Fireworks! (Media & License Key)
    • Photoshop
    • Illustrator
    • InDesign
    • Dreamweaver
    • Flash
    • Fireworks
    • Acrobat

For 3D Track Students:
    CS4 Production Premium for PC - $314.00 + s&h
    (Media & License Key)

CS4 Production Premium for Mac - $314.00 + s&h
    (Media & License Key)
    • Photoshop
    • Illustrator
    • Flash
    • After Effects
    • Premiere Pro
    • SoundBooth
    • Encore

Or for those students that want everything:
    CS4 Master Collection for PC - $525.00 + s&h (Media & License Key)

CS4 Master Collection for Mac - $525.00 + s&h (Media & License Key)
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

software

I want to buy software but our school isn't on the website. Am I missing it

Comment

Originally posted by tsambrano View Post
      I want to buy software but our school isn't on the website. Am I missing it
      Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I updated the link in the first post... but they still left our school's name off the list. I have requested that it be added so that the registration process can be completed by students.

I will post here once I have confirmation that its been done.

Comment

We are now on the list.

You are cleared to begin making purchases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	175841

Comment

Before I can make any purchases on the site, they are having me email a photo ID and my class schedule. Apparently it will take between 1-3 business just to verify this information. Only then can I even make a purchase, which kinda sucks.
            sigpic

Comment

does anyone know when cs4 will come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Scopey View Post
                Before I can make any purchases on the site, they are having me email a photo ID and my class schedule. Apparently it will take between 1-3 business just to verify this information. Only then can I even make a purchase, which kinda sucks.
                They're just covering their bases. Normally its a painless process and they validate your status rather quickly.

Originally posted by Monster Taco View Post
                does anyone know when cs4 will come out?
                If they stick to their schedule or updates (an 18-24 month cycle), they'll probably make an announcement in the late Fall '08 and start shipping it in May/June '09.

Comment

CS4 begins shipping in late October. Buy Adobe CS3.3 now and receive a FREE upgrade to Adobe CS4 by calling Adobe’s Customer Service at 800-833-6687.

Now, I'm sure what Adobe is going to do for those who have recently purchased CS3 before this announcement. As soon as I find out I will pass the information on.

Comment

Here's the reply that I received from Monica:

Hi Michael!

Adobe officially announced on 9/23, any purchases of CS3.3 on or after that date, until CS4 ships (end of Oct) purchasers are eligible for the free upgrade by contacting Adobe Customer Service at 1-800-833-6687.

With that said, there is usually a 3wk grace period prior to the official announcement where Adobe MAY honor the free upgrade. I would recommend that you students contact Adobe at the above number to confirm if they would be eligible if it was prior to the 9/23 date.

Let me know if you need anything further!

Monica Niemann
                    Student Licensing Liaison
                    ComputerLand of Silicon Valley
                    So if you have purchased CS3 since the start of school (8/25), I would call the number and see what can be done. Be prepared to give them your name, the vendor that you bought it from, and any order info (dates, prices, etc.) that you might have.

Comment

A reply from another vendor:

I recently purchased Adobe CS3 software. Am I entitled to a free upgrade?

Excellent question!! Yesterday, Adobe told us during the conference call that anyone purchasing after the announce date of September 23rd would be entitled to a free upgrade. However, it may or may not be that the “grandfather clause” starts earlier….such as the pre-announce date of September 2nd. I am not clear about this and I will send a follow-up email once I get an official answer from Adobe.

Comment

According to Adobe employee John Nack, CS4 is shipping.

I was told by Journey Ed that once CS4 is added to Academic Online Resellers, the price will jump about 20%. So buying CS3 now and getting the free upgrade will still be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton View Post
                          I was told by Journey Ed that once CS4 is added to Academic Online Resellers, the price will jump about 20%. So buying CS3 now and getting the free upgrade will still be cheaper.
                          Looks like this reseller was wrong... the prices stayed the same.

Comment

Just curious, but were these "student" versions or full commercial licenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Keiphus View Post
                              Just curious, but were these "student" versions or full commercial licenses?
                              These are student (academic) licenses.

They are full versions of the software where nothing is disabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X