Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

image not showing up in the render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image not showing up in the render

i am doing my compositing thing, now, not sure if i forgot to do something, but the last time i did it, it worked. but i have my image in the scene, and when i render it out, the image is not showing up. what did i forget to do? i have my objects in place in front of the image, including my ball, with the "background" texture on my objects except for the ball, but all that shows up in the render is the ball and nothing else, not even the image, it is all black.
    Pi Studios

Is this a scene that yoiu set up at school, and then opened at home to work on there?

If so, I think that what's happening is taht Maya has lost track of where the image is that yoiu are useing as the imagePlane. I suspect that perhaps you didn't get your Projects defined quite right.

Try (in the persp window) selecting View>IMage Plane>ImagePlane Attributes>imagePlane1, and then in the attributes area, make sure that you re import the image in the IMage Name section.

Comment

oops, sorry, but no, it isn't one that i started at school and opened here, this is a new file. but i think i did everything the same that i did as when i started a new file at school. i'll try and figure it out.

for right now, i can see my image in the editor, just not in the render, but i don't know if we had to do any thing special to the image to make it show up in the render.
      Pi Studios

Comment

Working...
      X