Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room Night WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Night WIP

Hi everyone, this is what I have so far for night time. I have some questions proffessor watkins. Is ambient light a better choice when it comes to lighting in the day since it bassically flashes the whole side with light instead of like a spot light but larger look. Plus, I have a wacom tablet and Id like to use the modeling technique that works with a stylus for some nice sexy sheets in the romance lighting setup :)

I think the lighting is starting to come together fairly well; I think the big problem (now that we can see the whole room) is that the proportions are wrong. This is really the house for a hobbit.

Consider the table. Most tables are around 30" tall. If that table is 30" tall, then the door next to it (which looks a little more than twice the height) would only be 60-70" tall (pretty tough to walk through). In fact, if you were sitting on the chair at the table, and you stood up, you'd probably smack your head on the beams. Remember that most tables hit a 6' tall guy at about mid-thigh - so there is a whole lot of him still left above.

The chair bottom is really low, and if you sat at that chair, it'd probably be hard to see over the table; and itd be really hard to stand up.

Betting proportions right on buildings is pretty tough and a common mistake; but do take some time to work that out before messing with your lighting much. Because all of your distances will change and so all the intensitites will need to be altered.

Oh, and as for ambient light; I really would never, ever use it. In real life there is no such thing as ambient light (all light has to come from somewhere, even though it may be bouncing from all sorts of places); and you'll ALWAYS get better results if yoiu make sure to think through where the bouncing light would come from and imitate that light. It just helps your shadows look right.

BTW, that couch is starting to look pretty good.

Comment

I knew I should of changed the table setup, but in the picture it looked very misleading (and the diagram of the floor plan didnt display it either). However, do you think thats the one big problem right now in proportions with the table? or is there anything else?

Comment

actually now that I look at the picture and the room in 3d, my pilars are way to huge, everything else is starting to look better into scale

Comment

Better proportions?

Comment

Looking much better! I would look carefully at that chair on the left; it looks like the back is at an awfully uncomfortable angle. Remember that no chairs that you'd actually sit in are really at right angles.

If this si a night time scene, the light seems a bit hot. You might take all your lights and reduce the intensity just a bit.

It's getting there....a bit more work and youl'll be happier with it.

Comment

Yea the chairs are actually strait up and down, its the cusion on the back that is tilted to help out with back support. Kinda funky but *shrugs*.

Comment

Working...
              X