Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant print from illustrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant print from illustrator

When i try to print any illustrator files the file is sent to the printer shows in the queue and then disappears no print though. Everything else I have prints fine word ps acrobat. Killed the Aiprefs file still no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Even reset the printer queue and reinstalled same issue
    Last edited by pnolan; April 28, 2008, 20:09. Reason: added the prnter queue bit

Software version?
    OS?
    Printer?
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

not a pc

leopard most recent updates
      CS3 w/ updates
      Epson rflippin1800

Comment

Did you delete the printer from the Printer & Fax System Prefs and reinstall it?

I can print from Illustrator just fine and I have the same setup.

Did you see this thread?: http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11637

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yep as noted

Originally posted by ttech View Post
          Even reset the printer queue and reinstalled same issue
          I saw and utilized that epson support article before it was posted on cga

So at this point no luck only, thing left I see is full reinstall CS3

Prints fine from everything else so even though epson sucks I have to give my printer the benefit of the doubt this time.

Its just illustrator, thanks for the advice though

Comment

Try looking here:

Comment

That sure fits the bill

Ill get a chance to try but not anytime soon.

Looks like I have total clogs in one head and partial in two others.

Goging to try manual cleaning but if all else fails I need to see how fast those guys on military might be able to clean it

Comment

Well another alternative

Dont do this unless your brave (or as stupid) as I am.

I was one of those kids that took things apart for fun, and have had some success with different electronic might as well take a stab a the epson. I mean whats the worse that could happen it could stop printing oooo big change from the current situation.

Wish me luck. Im going to try and video tape the process since I could'nt find a video. If someone finds one please point me to it
                Last edited by pnolan; May 1, 2008, 20:36.

Comment

well its apart

I took stills instead of video.

will do the same while reversing the process
                  Quite bit more to the r1800 than the one in the instructions but the process for cleaning is the same.

Im off to get isopropal alcohol.

Also note ill update this thread insix months or the next time i get a clog which ever comes first. If i get a clog, I will either switch to another ink supplier or go back to oem inks. lets see what happens.

Oh by the way Im doing this to get to print. Instructions with still wont be until after 1 i finish my work 2 i pass 3 i graduate

Comment

Done

Due to one cleaning pad I missed the test pattern is not premo but its a good sight better. I got back 2 colors.

Plus iPurchased a maintenace program and tear down manual for the epson. Im willing to provide to those who ask

Comment

Working...
                    X