Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siggraph 08 - Evolve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siggraph 08 - Evolve

Who's going?

Clayton said he might be able to help pay for hotels through UIW.

Post up if you're interested.

Conference: August 11th - August 15th
    Exhibit: August 12th - August 14th

1. Jeremy K
    2. Michael E
    3. Juan D
    Last edited by Jeremy; May 10, 2008, 02:16.

im interested

Juan D

Comment

I'm interested, but i'll never make it. How much does it cost anyways?

Comment

SIGGRAPH 2008 Registration Fees

FULL CONFERENCE
        Student Member
        ON OR BEFORE 4 JULY = $345
        ON OR BEFORE 30 JULY = $400
        AT SIGGRAPH 2008 = $450

Comment

yup. Never make it.

Comment

That's the full conference pass.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you've never been to SIGGRAPH before, you won't need that. It will be so overwhelming for you that a basic conference pass will be fine ($75).

There is going to be alot of changes to SIGGRAPH this year, they've gotten rid of the mid-range pass and gone with just a Basic Conference and Full Conference pass.

Basic Conference pass usually covers enough basic papers and user groups, as well as some sketches and info sessions. It also covers the show floor as well as the emerging technologies (being renamed this year). It's a great value.

Also, plenty of vendors will soon be offering free 1 day basic conference passes. Sign up for 3 of those and you're golden.

With your hotel paid, you can really do the trip for like $400 if you really wanted to. A bus will cost you $100, plane will be about $320, carpooling with 2+ people would be fun and cost about $500 round trip (you can split among whoever goes, 2 = $250/ea, 3 = $133/ea, etc). Then just factor in the $75 for the conference pass and you're all set.

Then all you have to take care of is food. If you plan out a decent schedule ahead of time you can get into a lot of free event SIGGRAPH has going on and pretty much eat at least 1-2 meals a day for free. The parties usually have lots of free food, and so do the usergroup meetings (breakfast too).

Michael is thinking about going as well, so if you guys really are interested let him know (The Draykin). I'm not sure how many people it takes for Clayton to buy a room.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiphus View Post
              I'm not sure how many people it takes for Clayton to buy a room.
              Reservations will be based on quad-occupancy.

That means 4 people to a room. ;)
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

yup very interested. driving there sounds fun. I wont be able to drive though. We'll end up in brazil and not on purpose either.

me=bad driver

I think I remember hearing anthony saying he wanted to go.
                Last edited by The Draykin; May 10, 2008, 18:13. Reason: mo/
                http://esquivel3d.com

Future member of the Brain Trust.

Method Animator

Comment

ya its a most deffinetly that i will be going deppending on the outcome of us getting our rooms paid for. but i plan on buying my tickets sometime in june.

Comment

Originally posted by The Draykin View Post
                    yup very interested. driving there sounds fun. I wont be able to drive though. We'll end up in brazil and not on purpose either.

me=bad driver

I think I remember hearing anthony saying he wanted to go.
                    I'll give him a call this week.

Driving is *kinda* fun, depends who you go with and how much time you have.

We decided to drive to San Diego last year. Me, my girlfriend, her sister, and her sisters husband. Her sister was 7.5 months pregnant. Worst idea ever.

EVER. :lol:

Comment

i'm going if we get enough people to have a room paid for.

Method Animator

Comment

it looks like i'll be rooming with two guys i met on the cgsociety forum. I would have liked to be staying for free, but this will still be cheap.
                        Last edited by The Draykin; May 26, 2008, 21:34. Reason: mo.

Method Animator

Comment

Anthony was going to post sometime this week whether he was going or not. He would make 4 if Aaron goes.

Anyway, when you heading out to LA?

Comment

well shitters if that makes 4 I can still go with you guys. I haven't paid yet. but I need to be sure it will be paid for this way I can buy my plain ticket as early as possible. The guys i met on the forum have a room from 10th-15th, with shuttle service to siggraph.
                            Last edited by The Draykin; May 27, 2008, 21:14. Reason: mo.

Method Animator

Comment

yeah, sorry but no way i can get off another week because im already taking a week off to visit family in Puerto Rico, which was planned way before i was hired.

Comment

Working...
                              X