Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since the media center is closed Easter Weekend...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the media center is closed Easter Weekend...

Is there any way one of the faculty or staff (maybe campus police?) could make it to where the Joyce Building (specifically the downstairs computer room) could be open for students to use that weekend? Specifically the 22nd or 23rd?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Nevermind. I know now that nobody can open it unless it is during potential school hours.

Comment

[sarcasm]i know what u mean, those jerks for wanting to spend time with their families on easter weekend.[sarcasm] I mean the Media Center is open from 8-5 Monday through Wednesday and are open at 8 till probably 2 or 3 on Thursday. Maybe you should use your spring break time to do your work instead of waiting till the weekend to do your work. just a suggestion?
      Last edited by acarrera; March 16, 2008, 07:15.

Comment

I all I know is, it's all Martin's fault! j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Janzer View Post
          I all I know is, it's all Martin's fault! j/k
          :lol: yeah, watch out for that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by acarrera View Post
            [sarcasm]i know what u mean, those jerks for wanting to spend time with their families on easter weekend.[sarcasm] I mean the Media Center is open from 8-5 Monday through Wednesday and are open at 8 till probably 2 or 3 on Thursday. Maybe you should use your spring break time to do your work instead of waiting till the weekend to do your work. just a suggestion?
            [sarcasm]Yeah, that jerk for not being Catholic, or from San Antonio, wanting to spend spring break with his family who DON'T live in San Antonio[sarcasm]

... Does me asking a question hurt you somehow? Are you offended that I said the Media Center will be closed? Is that an attack on you?

You have no reason to be so unpleasant.

Comment

Actually i had no problem with you asking the first question at all. its your tone about it and the second post that got to me.

so let me get this straight. since you are not catholic the media center should stay open just for you and not celebrate at all with their family? and second you are making the decision to spend time with your family over the break and when you come back are saying the media center should be open just for you? so you get to spend time with your family and those individuals that work there should not be able to do the same. maybe the world doesn't revolve around only you?

now being a 3d student myself. i know adam had taken a whole week off from being sick and he did give you a syllabus as to what will be do weeks ahead. if you knew you will be out of town and also that the media center does change it schedule during the holidays, maybe you should of worked ahead so that you didn't fall into this predicament.

Comment

Alright everybody... calm down.

Concerning the tone of a message posted online or in an email, please read this:

He tells the story of one colleague who spent a day incensed because his boss had e-mailed him, "It's your project. Do whatever you want." The colleague interpreted this as dismissive, and it wasn't until after a full day of complaining that he finally confronted his boss, who explained that she really meant, " 'No, no, no. I really trust you. Whatever you think is fine,' " Schwalbe relates.

"People constantly forget that it's toneless, and people project tone onto it," he says. "Because it's writing, I think everyone assumed that all the rules would be the same, but in fact they're not."

Steve Johnson - Tribune Internet Critic

I did not read the same tone into Jake's message that Anthony did.

Since there is no further use for this thread, I'm going to close it.

Have a good "rest of Spring Break!" ;)
                ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
                X