Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna take a trip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna take a trip??

Okay my fellow graphic artists!

We need students to sign up for the World Away Graphics class for Spring 2009 semester.

For those of you who don't know its a CART class that allows you to study about a certian location, and than at the end of the spring semester, you get to go there!!!

Sound like fun?

Well we need to start thinking about where we want to go, and we need to make sure we have enough students signed up for this class.

If you are interested, feel free to comment on a desired location. (i.e. Shanghai, England, Rome, Etc.)

Don't forget that traveling isn't cheap, so if you want to go, you should start saving NOW!

So if you're up for it, post your name, and the desired location so we can make sure there is enough students to have this class!

My thoughts

Jenn Zdeb

England

Comment

Trip

Jennifer Requejo

Rome

Comment

New York City or Chicago
        The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

my opinion...

I think england and rome would be great, but I wouldn't mind going to New York or Chicago because it's cheaper, and we won't need to get passports. I also have a feeling if we give in those considerations, we might have more students go.

Comment

I'm always down for some Rome action baby. :p

Comment

my thoughts

leslie davidson

japan
              -letting the wookie win since 1986

Comment

The US Dollar is really weak against the Euro right now (1.00 USD = 0.64 EUR) which makes doing a European trip really hard for us to ask you to do.

When the numbers were run last Summer for an Italy trip, it came back in the realm of $4200-$4500 dollars... a vast increase when compared to past trips.

There is a strong possibility of a Domestic trip... but we usually don't think about that until June/July.

Anyways, keep chiming in and letting us know your thoughts.

... oh, and we added a prereq since the last trip: You must have at least one Art History class. :D
                ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton View Post
                  The US Dollar is really weak against the Euro right now (1.00 USD = 0.64 EUR) which makes doing a European trip really hard for us to ask you to do.

When the numbers were run last Summer for an Italy trip, it came back in the realm of $4200-$4500 dollars... a vast increase when compared to past trips.

There is a strong possibility of a Domestic trip... but we usually don't think about that until June/July.

Anyways, keep chiming in and letting us know your thoughts.

... oh, and we added a prereq since the last trip: You must have at least one Art History class. :D
                  Hmmmm...with that said....I elect we go to Helotes. The cost would be quite low I think! :D

Seriously, I'd still love to go to China!

Comment

Originally posted by Janzer View Post
                    Hmmmm...with that said....I elect we go to Helotes. The cost would be quite low I think! :D
                    LOL You're funny!

Comment

I'M IN I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care where we go, I'll go ANYWHERE!!!!!

About that art history class, I think I may have one somewhere in my years of being in and out of comm college (I hope) :rolleyes:

Comment

I'm in...

Nyc!

Comment

I use to live in Chicago and I visit NYC every year. Both of these cities have great mass transits, which make it easy to get around. I know for New York's MTA week pass it's $24.
                          The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

=]

I am completely down for NYC!!!!
                            Although Chicago could be interesting plus I have never been!!!!
                            That's a great idea whomever thought about going somewhere here!

Comment

internationally im down for Greece or Rome. Domestically i would like to go to San Francisco

Comment

Working...
                              X