Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSVC Hotel Deal... explained!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSVC Hotel Deal... explained!

Alright, here's the gist of it.

In order to help with the financial burden of the DSVC Conference in April, the department will make available enough funds to cover the cost of up to three hotel rooms for CART Majors who plan on attending the conference.

The rooms will be reserved for Thursday, April 3rd through Saturday, April 5th. The rooms will be either at the conference hotel, or close by. While the cost of the room, taxes, and fees will be paid by the CART department, parking and any other extra fees will be paid by your group.

This proposal has been approved by the Dean, and she hopes that it will be taken advantage of by our students.

Rules

In order for me to reserve the room for your group, you must do the following:
    1. Post the names of the people in your group who are going as a reply to this thread. I will take note of your names and tentatively hold your spot.

2. Register for the conference and show me proof of registration of all of the members in your group.

3. As soon as three groups have been established and approved I will close this thread and the deal is done.

This is first come first serve, so please plan ahead.

Depending on availability, the rooms will be quad-occupancy and will have two full-size beds (or one queen).

This is open to all Computer Graphic Arts Majors that are sophomores, juniors, and seniors.

This is subject to change at anytime.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Update: I just called to get my room... and all the rooms set aside for the conference are taken... but there are still rooms at the hotel (cheaper actually... $109 a night, versus the conference rate of $119... imagine that).

So, I think you guys better hurry. ;)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Transportation

Just to let everyone know Amtrak has a round trip deal for about $68. The station is about 15 min from DSVC.
      "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane."
      Marcus Aurelius

Comment

A Group

Patrick (paid) Waiting for confirm email

Robert tenative
        Matt is tenative

were looking to add to more
        Last edited by pnolan; February 15, 2008, 19:47.

Comment

I know Im usually a thread killer but....

I cant understand why there is not more activity for this thread.

All Sophmores, Juniors, and to an extent Senior should be attending this event.

The first year I went I was one of two UIW students thats it and paid it all out of my own pocket, entry $150 (did the studio tours which were phenomenal, $119 x 3 (stayed till sunday) plus food gas and lost time at work.

BUT

It was the best investment I have made. I was able to see other students who in a few short months will be mine and other graduates competitors. Those of you in Sophmore, and Junior bracket dont skip this chance the school is paying for the biggest chunk.

Freshmen so you dont get in on this deal BUT get a jump on your future spend the money and trust me what you will see will open your eyes and broaden your horizons.

Comment

Agreed, I couldn't believe the deal when it was told to us as well. I was floored. My only problem is finding the money, that's why I didn't jump and say yeah I'm in. But I'll do what I can to go, and maybe join whoever gets the room.

Comment

I know I told you before but it's official now..
              1) Me (fo sho)
              2) Christina (fo sho)
              3) Jenny (I think)
              4) Jen (I think)
              Last edited by magonzales; February 21, 2008, 21:16.

Comment

I'm going for sure. But I don' t have a group... Do I need to pay for a room myself? Or how is that going to work out?

Comment

Cool Now this is great to see....

Im glad there is interest, it just seemed so odd not to hear even light buzz around campus or on the forums.

Picwic - not sure if i can answer your question but from Mikes post:

"This is open to all Computer Graphic Arts Majors that are sophomores, juniors, and seniors."

BUT he also notes this (the whole deal):

"This is subject to change at anytime."

So keep an eye on the thread.

Misty: I never heard a fo sho til now my bad LOL

Janzer flights on the web a running around $120 round trip (web special priceline etc) some in our group are still considering driving, if so maybe we can help out in the transportation department. ill let ya know

It will be real nice to walk around and see more than one other friendly face

lets see if we can confirm everybody and get that third group full.

Dont forget once you get confirmation of your payment/registration let Mike know.

Comment

Originally posted by ttech
                    Patrick (received confirmation)
                    Robert (awaiting confirmation)
                    Matt (awaiting confirmation)
                    were looking to add to more
                    I talked to Matt last night and he said that Eric is interested in going.

Originally posted by magonzales
                    I know I told you before but it's official now..
                    1) Me (awaiting confirmation)
                    2) Christina (awaiting confirmation)
                    3) Jenny (awaiting confirmation)
                    4) Jen (awaiting confirmation)
                    Email me or show me your registration confirmation so that I can book your room.

Originally posted by picwic1
                    I'm going for sure. But I don' t have a group... Do I need to pay for a room myself? Or how is that going to work out?
                    There is still time for more groups to form, so let's wait things out for a little while and see what happens.

There are a few others that are going that are staying with friends or family, so maybe some of you can get together and go up. Remember, there is no seminar that night, so you can leave earlier on Thursday.

Comment

well me and Josh are going and Ive already gotten the money to just get another room, but whats the name of the Hotel? So I can make my reservations.
                      "Have no fear of perfection -- you'll never reach it" -Salvador Dali

Comment

Originally posted by weidner View Post
                        well me and Josh are going and Ive already gotten the money to just get another room, but whats the name of the Hotel? So I can make my reservations.
                        It's at the Dallas-Richardson Renaissance Hotel.

Info can be found here:

There are other hotels within a mile of the hotel that might be cheaper, so you might want to call around.

Comment

Me and Robin are pretty sure we want to go so you could put us with Cynthia as a third group if she doesnt mind. But before we register we wanted to make sure we would be up for grabs on one of the paid for rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by jtlopez View Post
                            Me and Robin are pretty sure we want to go so you could put us with Cynthia as a third group if she doesnt mind. But before we register we wanted to make sure we would be up for grabs on one of the paid for rooms.
                            I'll allow that.

But you might want to talk to Susan... I think she is going... but maybe she'd want to stay with y'all rather than her sister.

Comment

So it looks like this is how it's going to go down:

GROUP #1
                              • Pat (confirmed)
                              • Matt (confirmed)
                              • Robert (confirmed)
                              • Phil (confirmed)

GROUP #2
                              • Christina (confirmed)
                              • Misty (confirmed)
                              • Jenny (unconfirmed)
                              • Jenn (confirmed)

GROUP #3
                              • Cynthia (confirmed)
                              • Julissa (confirmed)
                              • Robin (unconfirmed)
                              • Susan (confirmed)

As soon as everyone in your party has confirmed their registration, I will book their room. But not until then. Registration closes March 28th.

Comment

Working...
                              X