Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrix Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Hype

I'm sure all of us CG freaks just have to be keeping up to date with the Matrix right? Just incase you didnt know, there is a fan site that seems to come with just about all the latest news you can find of anything to do with the Matrix.

For those of you that havent checked them out, you can download all 5 of the Matrix trialers. So what do you think!?

I highly anticipate the Burly Brawl ( multiple Agent Smiths fighting Neo)- According to Joel Silver said to consist of 420 gigs of data to render.... damn.. just imagine all those OGL tests they had to pull just to make sure all the tweaks were perfected.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

You know it might just might be me, but I'm not really looking forward the these sequels... I didn't really care for the first one, and I can wait to see these.

The effects are cool, and the concepts are wonderful... I guess it's just my aversion to Keanue Reeves...

... Whoa!

Besides I hear that Reloaded is going to end mid-climax, rather abruptly and jump to credits... then Revolutions will pick up where that left off. Those in the know say that viewers will be ticked!... I think its a good marketing strategy.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

no kidding

Yeah, I'm kind of afraid of that, much like those viewers have never read LOTR and watched FOTR for teh first time.

I'm a huge Matrix fanatic mainly for the western Philosphical concepts and of course the CGI, but I'm not going to go all out to the extreme like some may, so positive and negative comments are always welcomed.

I highly anticipate more of ESCfx work as we watch these two sequels. As we've all seen in the trailers, their work obviously seems very promising (despite the usual slite lighting problems) and very impressive, but still nothing Weta or ILM cant handle. Not sure if they are an emerging studio, but according to their website, looks like Reloaded andRevolutions are their first major projects. Damn, I feel sorry for the German Studio the brothers had to fire, but they definitely made the right choice to subsitute.

Yeah talk about marketing stategy, like a few other videogaming companies, Square and Enix are merging, and sequels for Final Fantasy X are currently in the works. Much like Star Wars products, slap the name on it and people will be sure to purchase them.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

whoa baby!

Originally posted by Professor Clayton

The effects are cool, and the concepts are wonderful... I guess it's just my aversion to Keanue Reeves...
        Now, just what's wrong with Keanu?

I do agree with you about the movie though. After I saw it for the first time I was awestruck (and not just by Neo). And then I got over it.

And then came the parodies, Shrek being my personal favorite, Deuce Bigalo a close second.

I can't wait for them to "Spaceball" it.

~Mojosalsa
        "I wouldn't sell any of your graphic design books. Now your english and science books...sell those and use the money to go drink" -Prof. Johnson

Comment

Matrix!!! number one in my book!!

Yo!

I remember when Armageddon, with Bruce, Ben, and Liv came out. I really enjoyed the digital effects, but the story line I could do with out. Even though Liv Taylor was in the movie, many of her scenes were kind of raunchy....The Matrix on the other hand -- had a really good story line and had really cool digital effects.

As for Keanue Reeves, he is a pretty good actor. I remember him from such hits as the Bill & Ted series, and Point Break with Patrick Swayze.

Yo! I cannot wait till they both come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton

... Whoa!
            really keanu is not that bad, come on he was in "River's Edge", "Feeling Minnesota", and "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" :D

plus he was in the best movie ever--"My Own Private Idaho"

personally i loved everything about the matrix--when i first saw it, it blew me away

Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that in the original Matrix - Val kilmer was originally set to be Morpheus and Will Smith as Neo?

Geez man.. just think of it... Will Smith.... a Hacker? malimulated to a kungfu fighting machine???? I think it would have been humorous yet at the same time deep.. but more humorous than deep, which isnt something I dont think the Wuch. Bro. would be aiming for. I'm so glad he turned down the role, for....Wild Wild West(which in its respect had a nice plot and story.. but just didnt stick to original that most fans were hoping for) Will Smith + kung fu + philosophy... he couldnt even handle chinese philosophy in that one Fresh Prince of Bel Air episode that he made fun of.

Letsee... Val Kilmer as Morpheus....hmm I guess.. I mean. he did do a good job of beeing some what suttle and deep and serious in that one batman movie.

It just goes to show you the Wuch. Bro. picked the best and most devoted actors that never got a chance to have a real signature look(ie-Toby Mcguire will always be seen to most people as spiderman)

(Linkified it due to the width of the image... even I had to scroll for awhile to read the entire line. --MC)
              Last edited by ProfClayton; April 29, 2003, 18:36.
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Moo hah

Hey dudes, sorry for double posting but be sure to check out the
                two new TV SPOTS on the main website,

download, No escape, and Story.

-Tyler Durdan

Comment

Just a little note, hes from hawaii, and to this date he STILL sounds like a surfer junky. Its like the prodical son (AKA the one) had an identity crisis. I mean he could just try to get that accent out of the way, then maybe he could act without living a steriotype

Comment

I heard the new matrix trailer for the next one is shown at the end of the Matrix reloaded movie. After the credits are done.

Comment

I hate it that I saw the movie and after I saw it every other person's telling me about the matrix revolutions teaser thingy at the very end and i didnt see it! As for reloaded, it was alright, way too many FX happening at once to tell what in the world was going on. Oh well, I guess they do that so you can see it more than once.
                      Pi Studios

Comment

the trailer for revolutions looks pretty good, i cant wait!

Comment

Yeah there were a lot of effects and they messed up on some of them too. Especially some of the compositing effects. BLEH!

Comment

While I liked the action scenes a lot, I do think that they shoulda put more story into it. I also thought that they shoulda done away with that scene where they're all dancing, but that's just me. The special effects were good, but I could see the 3dness of it all. Of course, for some regular joe, it would probably look convincing. Then again, on some of the scenes, particularly the fight with the Smiths, the "3dness" could be noticed pretty easily in all those rotating and/or superhuman parts of the fight. Oh well, I thought it was cool, but the ending was indeed abrupt.
                            (JIHAUS = Ben Yumol)

Comment

Overall it was a good movie, but for me, the first matrix was a lot better. I guess it was better because there was more story line, but reloaded has some great stuff like in the traffic scene. That was Jaw dropping, but for me I think that was the best scene in the whole movie and I could of been happy with just that scene.

But hey Finding Nemo is coming out tomorrow, so matrix is old news!

Comment

Working...
                              X