Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pirates" receives great reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pirates" receives great reviews

Okay, so I was reading the critic critiques and Pirates received like four A+ and two B+, E-Online! stated "this flick may just be the buried treasure of the summer-blockbuster season!!" hehehe. Anyway. I wouldn't mind watching LXG either.

One of the reviewers here at WOAI said that Pirates was really good.

Comment

Great movie. Saw nothing wrong with it whatsoever and enjoyed myself fully (was sleep deprived too, but that changed real quick). Saw it three times. Yes, you read that right, THREE TIMES (and wouldn't mind a fourth).
      (JIHAUS = Ben Yumol)

Comment

Okay Ben, I've seen it twice... but my goal is to see it more times than you have... I guess I better catch up!

... let's see... what am I doing today? ;)
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by JIHAUS
          Great movie. Saw nothing wrong with it whatsoever and enjoyed myself fully (was sleep deprived too, but that changed real quick). Saw it three times. Yes, you read that right, THREE TIMES (and wouldn't mind a fourth).
          ha! i have no life what-so-ever--my friends and i have seen the movie 5 times :D *i don't think i should be proud of that tho*

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixrai
            ha! i have no life what-so-ever--my friends and i have seen the movie 5 times :D *i don't think i should be proud of that tho*
            O_O ...i saw it once. thought it was pretty good.

Comment

No worries, I don't have a life myself. The only real thing preventing me from watching it more times is the fact that I'm saving more money, or seeing other movies. Oh well, I'll probably watch it god knows how many times when it comes out on DVD...Hell, I already have the soundtrack.
              (JIHAUS = Ben Yumol)

Comment

Originally posted by JIHAUS
                No worries, I don't have a life myself. The only real thing preventing me from watching it more times is the fact that I'm saving more money, or seeing other movies. Oh well, I'll probably watch it god knows how many times when it comes out on DVD...Hell, I already have the soundtrack.
                i got the soundtrack too--i love it. and on the movie thing--i think hollywood has gotten enough money off my friends and i--so now it's fair game for me to get thru other sources *eg*

Comment

i got the soundtrack too--i love it. and on the movie thing--i think hollywood has gotten enough money off my friends and i--so now it's fair game for me to get thru other sources *eg*
                  I think you need to re-read this thread... ;)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

LMAO .....tsk^2
                    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

SPOILER! for those that havent seen it yet

hey guys

Stay after the movie credits, and you get to see this short awesome scene that hints that there will be a sequel.

::Spoiler Read at your Own Risk::

So this is what happens:

It's back in the cave where you see Captain Barbossa lying dead. The monkey is swimming through the water up to the ground and scurries up to the chest of gold. He picks up one of the pieces and you see him turn into a skeleton in the moonlight. The monkey shrieks and lunges towards the camera as the film ends.
                      It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Okay, here's my theory for the sequel:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Search for Bootstrap Bill

Ok, now the crew of The Black Pearl said that Capt. Barbosa, strapped a cannon to 'Bootstrap' and dumped him into the sea.

That's all and good, but wasn't bootstrap cursed because he took one of the coins? If so, wasn't he just ahnging out in the depths of the sea? He'd still be alive, and as far as I can tell, he had about 5-8 years to get that strap untied and 'swim' or 'walk' to safety. (Or maybe it was strapped to one leg and he cut it off, and has a peg-leg now.)

Maybe he got out, got to an island, and then stayed secluded at night so people wouldn't see he was cursed.

Maybe he had no idea that his son survived the trip from England?

If the curse was broken, he'd know now. He'd also know that it would have been his relative's blood that broke the curse... and now he wants to search for his son/relative.

Maybe he wants revenge on Barbosa, but then finds The Black Pearl and sees that Jack Sparrow is in charge again...

It leaves it wide open for a sequel...

But what ever the story, I'll be there...

(BTW, the writers' intentionally added alot to the story that they could use to spin-off into the sequel... but we don't know what they are.)

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                          I think you need to re-read this thread... ;)
                          i did read that thread...before i posted my post above ;) did i say i was downloading anything--nope. not me. *points to my computer*

and i just loved the extra scene after the movie! it was great! i'm hoping the second one is good too.
                          Last edited by phoenixrai; July 26, 2003, 16:10.

Comment

Working...
                          X