Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My trip to the dark side is complete... I've got a PC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip to the dark side is complete... I've got a PC...

His name is MUTT!

I've been searching for deals for the last 6 months and finally got everything together.

• AMD Athalon XP 2000+ (1.67 Ghz)
    • Geforce 4 440MX 64 MB AGP Video Card
    • 20 G Maxtor HD
    • Floppy Drive
    • Sony 16x DVD Drive
    • USB Card-- 2 Ports (2.0) + 2 on MoBo
    • Firewire -- 3 Ports
    • Gigabyte MoBo (ATX Form Factor)
    • Black Case w/ side window
    • Running Windows XP Home Edition

In the end it cost me $482.53.

I got an IOGear 2-port KVMP to share my mouse, keyboard, 19" monitor, scanner and printer.

My Mac is still my #1 machine, but this makes checking my Flash and other web stuff a little easier.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

G4orce!

That is a pretty ugly looking PC, but hey it’s not the looks that matter but the countless time it is goanna crash on you. Hehe j/k Anyways I am surprised that you did not strip or mirrored it, because it would have made it much faster. Though it would not equal the speed of a standard G4 Desktop. Ok so you went with a PC, but man you should have stayed with Win2000, because it is far superior to WinXP. I believe when XP came out, it had some 100 or more fixes, and that was even before it hit the street. I personally don’t like the look and feel of XP, and especially if big brother is over your shoulder looking at everything you have on HD. And above all things you got a AMD chipset, man hope you have a life preserver, because your goanna need it. Anyway good luck on the PC, and may the G4orce be with you.

Comment

Re: G4orce!

Originally posted by BigPoppaPump
      That is a pretty ugly looking PC, but hey it’s not the looks that matter but the countless time it is goanna crash on you... Anyway good luck on the PC, and may the G4orce be with you.
      Spoken like a true Mac User! ;)

It's been operationaly for three weeks and it hasn't crashed on me once.

All I have on it are the Macromedia and Adobe Web suites... heck I don't even have any file sharing programs besides Hotline. I've got it networked to my other machines and its working fine.

You're just jealous Larry...

So you wanna go see Pirates or LXG this weekend?
      Last edited by ProfClayton; July 9, 2003, 13:55.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I am jealous :)

You see right through MC, but honestly I really like the Mac, (especially the recent release of the G5). Though I can work a lot faster on my PC, the Mac is a well structure computer that is geared for computer designer. The PC is more geared to the hard nose bookkeeper that only cares that the accounting software is up to speed. That he can add and subtract Burger King’s yearly accounts with a click of the button. A Mac is geared more to the designer who loves to mix and match color, and who like to digital alter images with thousands of buttons. Am I jealous? Not really I have been working in an Accounting Firm for almost 5 years, and I am tired of my PC. I really like the G4, and the way it performs. Now that I can link to PCs, I might just bring it to work so that I can master the G4orce. I can understand and relate to owning and operating a PC, because one must design for multi platforms. This is just part of the business and one that I can understand.

Of course, LXG!

I have a question MC about the IOGear 2-port KVMP that you mention. Can I connect the UIW laptop with the IOGear 2-port KVMP? Does it have two USB connection?, and did you buy it in a store near you? Ok so I had three questions; please don’t turn me in to the question police.
        Last edited by BigPoppaPump; July 9, 2003, 14:22.

Comment

I have to say though that Nvidia has me a bit worried. Theyre starting to be as agressive as microsoft within the Game world. I mean, the whole dispute on the 3d mark app is a big show of how immature some companies can be. Not to mention there trying to start to make games Nvidia complatible only. My next card for shure is going to be an ATI. My PC is only my arcade machine. I just love my mac to death (Pets titainium g4 in hands)

Comment

Re: I am jealous :)

Originally posted by BigPoppaPump
            I have a question MC about the IOGear 2-port KVMP that you mention. Can I connect the UIW laptop with the IOGear 2-port KVMP? Does it have two USB connection?, and did you buy it in a store near you? Ok so I had three questions; please don’t turn me in to the question police.
            Yes, the KVM cable is a combo cable with a Monitor Jack and a USB connection. The mouse and keyboard that are shared are plugged into the front of the KVM hub itself. So the one port on the back of your laptop will be plenty.

Product link...

I got it from Buy.com for $70 after rebate. They run about $100. $120+ for the 4-port version.

Comment

Working...
            X