Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character animation with an external Object (weapon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character animation with an external Object (weapon)

After watching the Matrix I was intrigued to do a simple test animation of that on my own of a character fighting with a bow (shaft). Having previous martial arts skills of using the bow and drill team rifle exhibition, I'd like to apply the knowledge I have of the momentom and swing of a shaft object in which a character vigourously spins. I know this is obviously no easy task, but my question is, how exactly would you be able to animate a character doing such manuvers, which involves the constant switching of the weapon, from hand to hand. What you taught us about basic object animation with a character was to put the object within the heiarchy of the characters hand as a child, and animate the movement of the weapon from the hand.... thats just not gunna cut it if I wanna do some pretty stunning stuff.
    Any suggestions? Would I have to depend on nodes with Xpresso?
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

That is indeed a tough task. In Maya, you would use constraints, which, although powerful, is quite slow and time intensive.

Similarly, if you were using C4D, Mocca (with frequent uses of XPresso).

This is indeed a great question and one that would require some research. Let me work on it for a while and I'll get back with you on that one.

Good question.

Post some of your work in the Easel.

Comment

Working...
    X