Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiding Polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Polygons

Yeah, great idea for the uiw forum. I do think that students using maya will always have questions.

So what questions have y'all got...? Fire away.

Comment

Fire away huh. Okay, how do you hide selected polygonal faces? Just a little question to get this forum up and running!

Comment

Good question.

There is not a really easy way to do this in Maya. There are some free Bonus Game plugins that you can download from AliasWavefront.com that would do exactly that. Unfortunately, these plugins are a beast to try and install and I haven't been able to get them to worrk right.

Another method that is a little more round-about is to use the Isoalte Selected tool. If you select a collection of polygons in your viewer, and then use the Select>Isolate Selected (in yoiur Viewer pulldown menu), Maya will hide all the rest of the polygons except those that you have selected.

So, as Ben pointed out, you could select the polygons you want to hide, then shift-marquee around the entire object (thus effectively reversing the polygons selected), and then choose Select>Isolate Selected - you will then have hidden the desired polys.

Make sense? Let me know if it does not.

Adam

Comment

Hooray for Ben!

Comment

Where is this "Isolate Selection" at in Maya 5?
            www.richardterryclark.com

Comment

Working...
            X